Monday, November 1, 2010

Trip to the Korean Demilitarized Zone(DMZ) -part1

On October, 30 I went on a trip to DMZ, the demilitarized zone between North and South Korea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Demilitarized_Zone).
 It is also called as the world’s last Cold War frontier, the line which has separated Korea into the 2 parts (1953).
Even though there were some shots from both sides on October, 29 still we decided to go there on the next day as we planned.we met early in the morning in front of the West Gate(KAIST), took a bus and head to DMZ. It took about 4 hours to get there. On the way of going there I made a friend from Mexico, whose name is Bernardo. I learned a lot from him about his country and about other Latin American countries. I also told him about my country, hobbies. Because of the interesting conversation I couldn't how time flied and suddenly I realized that we are already in the block post before entering to DMZ. I told my Mexican friend that the former president of the United States Bill Clinton described it as "the scariest place on Earth" and he replied that it doesn't seem to be so. When we saw some soldiers with guns my friend changed his mind and said "Actually it is" and it didn't sound funny that time.
Finally when we arrived there we took some pictures.





I was impressed to find the "Bridge of No Return"on the map.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_of_No_Return ):

No comments:

Post a Comment